Bovine tuberculosis (BT)
Bovine tuberculosis is chronic debilitating zoonosis relevant to the disease classification list B of the Office of International Epizootics (OIE) and is officially classified and controlled as the second class cattle plague in Korea. Tuberculosis is mainly caused by Mycobacterium bovis that is mostly infected from cattle to cattle, but can be also found in human beings, swine, goats, sheep, cats, and other mammals.
It is difficult to find symptoms in the initial stage of infection, but in the later stage, nodules and lumps are attached to lungs, abdominal organs, lymphatic gland and the wall of the chest cavity, and lesions are found even in breast and bone.
HRPro® Bovine Tuberculosis AB ELISA
- It is an indirect ELISA using recombinant protein that is used to check antibodies produced by the bovine tuberculosis infection.
- It has a high correlation with the results of tuberculosis skin test (PPD) and shows a relatively high levels of sensitivity and specificity compared to other brands.
- Color coded buffer system
- Ready-to-use reagent, easy test
- High reproducibility and accuracy
- Stable for at least 12 months in the cold storag
- Safe to use by using recombinant protein
- Cost savings by using strip plate